Saturday, October 27, 2007

STR Changed my Post!

For the sake of being fair I'll type some words in STR's defense...

According to the various authors of STR, they do not change comments.


That being said I disagree. I think they change comments as if it were going out of style and I think it's childish and annoying. So, though I s'pose this is equally as childish and annoying, if you're sick of STR's using cheap moderation to get the upper hand, feel free to gripe in the comments section. I'd prefer if you post a link to the article in question (or at least give the name of the article) then what you originally said versus what it was changed to. For example:

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2007/09/30/when-god-touches-your-heart.aspx#comments

I discovered the truth about that video Billy was so in love with and tried to post it on STR. This is what my comment was changed to:

"Wraith October 1, 2007 at 10:24 pm Permalink
Here it is folks! The Truth, as rarely seen on STR:
I was born a dwarf and then went through a stretching procedure that involved breaking my bones and letting new bone form. Was it painful? Hell, yes! But now I’m 5′5″ and I couldn’t be happier. I hated being a dwarf and now I’m normal thanks to science."

Where it originally read (This is one of the ones I didn't save, so I'm tryin to remember):

"Wraith October 1, 2007 at 10:24 pm Permalink Here it is folks! The Truth, as rarely seen on STR:

The video was a fake, hat's off to the maker of the film and Frank for seeing it for what it was.
-Wraith
P.S - I suspected it was a fake, but wasn't sure"

The comments on that article turned into a lovely little moderation war for if you guys are ever really, really, really bored by the way...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

There, a rough idea of a format for it... I noticed I did the opposite of what I said (I did changed then original) but whatevs, you get the idea.

-Wraith
P.S - STR has been pretty dead lately, if you're having trouble posting (keep getting spam errors or the like) feel free to make it known.

6 comments:

Lance Johnson said...

Let me the be the first to say, Wraith, it's about friggin' time. Once you pick up steam here, you'll have a place in the links section of my own little blog. Best of luck, friend. :D

Anonymous said...

I am posting comments on STR for many months now and I never noticed that something was changed, ever.

Wraith said...

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2007/10/12/tristan-j-shuddery-looks-deceive.aspx#comments

Check out that link Anony... One big ol' comment changing war went down. It starts at about comment 38... if you can read all that and honestly believe nothing is amiss... well... I dunno what to tell ya.

-Wraith
P.S - Keep in mind, why would anybody insult themselves in their own post? That makes no sense.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/clarithromycin]buy biaxin online no prescription
[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://asacol-mesalamine.webs.com/]lialda online
[/url] asacol 800 mg online
purchase asacol
where to buy lialda

Anonymous said...

[url=http://casodex-bicalutamide.webs.com/]Calubloc
[/url] Casomide
Bicalutamide 50 mg
Encalor